Computational Intelligence Area
Computational Intelligence is an area within the field of Artificial Intelligence that focuses on the design of intelligent computer systems that imitate nature and human linguistic reasoning to solve complex problems.
In this field of research, three lines of development of intelligent systems converge that make up the center of Computational Intelligence: emulation of human linguistic reasoning through the theory of fuzzy sets, neural networks that imitate the nervous system, and bioinspired optimization algorithms (grouped within the research area called Metaheuristics).
- There are several research lines in the area of Computational Intelligence:
- Neural Networks. Deep Learning.
- Fuzzy sets and fuzzy systems.
- Bioinspired Optimization Algorithms.
- Decision Making and Information Technologies.
- Computation with Words and Fuzzy Sets.
Luis Martínez López, University of Jaén
Enrique Herrera-Viedma, University of Granada