Targets of this Goal
By 2030, it is necessary to achieve the following targets:
- Guarantee global access to affordable, liable and modern energy services
- ASignificantly increase the share of renewable energy
- Duplicate the global rate of improvement of energy efficiency
- Increase international cooperation and promote investment in energy infrastructure
- Expand infrastructure and improve technology to provide modern and sustainable energy services in developing countries, particularly the least developed
We can currently advance towards the attainment of this goal:How does technology contribute to this SDG? See what we propose and tell us what you think
We have analyzed the literature and extracted the following ideas on how technologies are favouring this SDG.
See also what we propose and tell us what you think
Artificial Intelligence is already playing a key role in the digitization and “smartness” of energy systems for more efficient and sustainable consumption. Smart grids are proof of this
This digitization will lead to an explosion of data and communications
The energy consumption associated with the creation of new data centers can increase from 1% to 6%
There is an increased potential for cybercrime. However, AI and technologies such as blockchain can help mitigate this risk.
The proposed actions on which we introduce an opinion poll for this SDG, are described below:
Poll for SDG-7
The analyses of interrelationships between emerging technologies & AI, and the possibilities they offer to pursue the SDGs, led us to propose a series of actions and/or potential projects to develop.
Among these recommendations, which one is more important in your opinion?