High Performance Computing (HPC) is a type of computing in which large amounts of resources are used intensively to solve a problem. Big Data involves processing large amounts of data to find repetitive patterns within that data. GPU-accelerated computing is the use of the GPU along with a CPU to accelerate scientific, analytical, engineering, consumer, and business applications
University of Granada Campus
A variety of equipment is provided to enable HPC, Big Data or GPU-based applications. The institute has several supercomputing machines distributed in different offices of the University of Granada. The most important features are described below.
- Atlas: 16 nodes 2 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.00GHz and 64GB of RAM.
- Hercules: 2 x Intel Xeon Silver 4214 / 2.2GHz (12 núcleos) / RAM 256 GB -DDR4 2666 ECC.
- Titan: 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630 node 2.30GHz processors, 128GB of RAM, 2 NVIDIA Tesla K20m GPUs (Kepler architecture with 2496 CUDA cores at 0.7GHz and 5GB of memory), and two NVIDIA Tesla M2090 (Fermi architecture with 512 CUDA cores at 1.3GHz and 6GB of memory).
- Kronos: Intel Core I7 3770K processor node at 3.5 GHz, 32 GB RAM and 2 NVIDIA GTX Titan GPUs: Kepler architecture with 2688 CUDA cores at 0.8 GHz and 6 GB memory.
- Olympo: 12 nodes Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6 cores) and 64GB of RAM machine.
- BigData: 11 nodes 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (8 cores) and 256 GB of RAM.
- Sipba1: Intel Xeon E5620 node (12M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI) 24 GB RAM.
- Sipba2: Intel Xeon X5650 (12M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI) 48 GB RAM.
- Sipba3-master: Intel Xeon E3-1230V5 3.4 GHz 4 cores of 32 GB of RAM.
- Sipba3-computer: 4 nodes 2x Intel Xeon E5-2697 2.6 GHz 16 cores and 192 GB of RAM.
- Sipba3-metadata: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2603 1.7 GGHz 6 cores and 48 GB of RAM.
- Sipba3-data: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2603 1.7 GGHz 6 cores and 48 GB of RAM.
- Hadoop: 14 nodes Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU machine @ 3.40GHz (6 cores) located in the Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Atenea: 2 nodes Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v4 and 128Gb DDR4 2400MHz RAM machine, located in the Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Ulises: 20 nodes 2 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 @ 2.00GHz (2 × 6 cores) and 64 GB of RAM.
Altas, Olimpo y Hércules
University of Jaén Campus
The institute also has other computing resources that enable work in HPC, Big Data or GPU-based applications. They are mainly located in the Center for Advanced Studies in Information and Communication Technologies (CEATIC).
The most important features are described below.
- HPC: 16 nodes 4 x Bull NovaScale R460 (256 @2.4GHz) and 512 GB RAM machine.
- BigData: 16 nodes 4 x Bull NovaScale R434-F3 (320 @ 2.5 GHz) and 64 GB of RAM per node.
- GPU: 2 xIntelXeon E52650v2: 8c @ 2,6Ghz) with 128 GB of RAM. GPU: 2xGrid K2 graphics board.
HPC, BIG DATA Y GPU.