DaSCI International Seminar for the Dissemination of Science – 2017
11/27/2017 to 12/1/2017
Organized and given between the Universities of Granada (Spain) and Guadalajara (Mexico), with a duration of 23 hours. It was held from 27 November to 1 December 2017 at the School of Informatics and Telecomunication, University of Granada, and broadcasted via videoconference software to the Centro Universitario del Norte of the University of Guadalajara and the University of Jaén.
The seminar was recognized as a training activity of the UGR ICT doctoral program, being recognized with this formation 45 PhD students.
This International Seminar included presentations from enrolled students, practical workshops, and five invited talks:
– Research, Creativity and Impact. Francisco Herrera.
– Analysis of opinions on Twitter. Eugenio Martínez Cámara
– Image recognition and metadata analysis. Carlos Gúzman. IBM Mexico.
– Exploratory Data Analysis Through Advanced Visualization. Jorge Casillas
– Artificial or emotional intelligence. Alfredo Castro Jímenez. Mergers and Acquisitions Project Manager at IBM Mexico.
This is an interuniversity – international research seminar on technological innovation in areas such as Business Administration, Education, Public Health, Science, Computer Science. The Andalusian Interuniversity Institute DaSCItogether with students of Master in Business Administration, Master in Public Health, and Master in Learning Technologies corresponding to the North University Center of the University of Guadalajara meet the week of November 27 to December 1, 2017 to share, analyze, debate, reflect and enrich the various research being carried out in both institutions.
The conference is held at the E.T.S. of Computer Engineering and Telecommunications of the University of Granada, to accommodate as a listener any student of the UGR. Simultaneously, the sessions will be transmitted online to host participants from the North University Centre of the University of Guadalajara (Mexico).
- Instituto Interuniversitario Andaluz en Data Science and Computational Intelligence (DaSCI) of the University of Granada (Spain). Principal Researcher: Dr. Francisco Herrera Triguero.
- Department of Knowledge Fundamentals of the North University Centre of the University of Guadalajara (Mexico). Coordination: María Elena Martínez Casillas.
Dr. Rosana Montes (Universidad de Granada)
Mtro. Gerardo A. Mejía Pérez (Rector CUNorte)
Dr. Violeta Villavicencio Hernández (Universidad de Guadalajara CUNorte)
Dr. Mario Morales Martínez (Universidad de Guadalajara CUNorte)
Date and Place:
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenierías Informática y de Telecomunicación de la Universidad de Granada, from 27 November to 1 December 2017
- To know the trajectory of the research groups of the participating Universities.
- To define the fields and areas in which they participate.
- To analyse the different research projects to be carried out.
- To exchange educational experiences from a dialogical and constructive perspective.
- Teachers and students of the ETSIIT of the University of Granada (Spain) and Centro Universitario del Norte of the University of Guadalajara (Mexico).).
- Members of the PhD program in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), which can be counted as academic training to have at least 80 percent attendan.
PROGRAM (in Spanish)
- Research, Creativity and Impact. Francisco Herrera. Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. UGR.
- Analysis of opinions on Twitter. Eugenio Martínez Cámara.Dept. of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. UGR.
- Image recognition and metadata analysis. Carlos Gúzman. IBM Mexico.
- Exploratory Data Analysis through Advanced Visualization. Jorge Casillas. Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. UGR.
- Artificial or emotional intelligence. Alfredo Castro Jímenez. Mergers and Acquisitions Project Manager at IBM Mexico.